Saturday, February 7, 2009

Where's Wally

Where is the IB's APAC CEO while his staff are being sacked in droves?  Where is the man whose staff work for APAC businesses that generated revenue in 2008 per headcount significantly in excess of their also-revenue generating colleagues elsewhere.  I'll tell you where. Mr Tapner, advisors in tow, is in Davos at the annual bankers' snouts-in-the-trough, albeit their protuberances are probably only locating Beluga caviar rather than black truffles. Given the proximity to 10 Feb, or UBS's D-day, I think it fitting to paraphrase General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett KCB DSO immediately prior to his sending his men to "climb out of their trenches and walk slowly towards the enemy":

Rory (read General Melchett): "Remember that Michael Blake (read Capt Darling) and I are behind you..."
Captain Blackadder (read UBS' IB APAC Staff): "Yes, about six-thousand miles behind us, to be precise..."

(ps. yes, I know that D-day is WWII and Gen Melchett is a fictional character from WWI).

No comments:

Post a Comment